COVID-19 Safety Protocol for Outdoor Productions
SO, I’M ATTENDING AN OUTDOOR THEATRE IN THE ROUGH PERFORMANCE. WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Each production will perform at the San Antonio Botanical Garden.
- Shows will be held at 7:30 PM on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- The venue holds over 500 people, but we are going to be limiting the capacity per show to 100 people.
- All audience spaces, referred to as “Pods,” will be clearly measured and marked out beforehand to allow a physical distancing of over 6 feet between each seating area.
- Temperature checks will be given at the entrance of each venue, and hand-sanitizing stations will be made available.
- Actors will be masked and physically distanced from the audience by over 10 feet and 6 feet from one another, in their own designated “Pod” on stage during the performance.
- Actors and crew remain at a distance of at least 6 feet apart from one another during the entire rehearsal process and performance, and are masked when not speaking, and also backstage.
- A few of our production staff, who you will see located in our ‘booth’ during the show, all live together and will not be socially distanced from one another.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Please bring your own chairs and/or blankets to each performance you attend. Be sure to dress for the weather and prepare accordingly beforehand. The Classic Theatre of San Antonio will have masks, chairs and blankets available for purchase, should you need one.
If there are any questions about the policies and procedures, please feel free to reach us at (210) 468-3900. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you for our season 13 of Theatre in the Rough!