COVID-19 Safety Protocol for Outdoor Productions
SO, I’M ATTENDING AN OUTDOOR PERFORMANCE. WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Each production will perform the first two weekends of shows at the San Antonio Botanical Garden and the last two weekends of shows at The Espee (previously known as Sunset Station).
- Shows will be held at 7:30 PM on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, except for a few Thursdays in April 2021.
- Both venues hold over 500 people, but we are going to be limiting the capacity per show to 99 people.
- All audience spaces, referred to as “Pods,” will be clearly measured and marked out beforehand to allow a physical distancing of over 6 feet between each seating area.
- Temperature checks will be given at the entrance of each venue, and hand-sanitizing stations will be made available.
- Actors will be masked and physically distanced from the audience by over 10 feet and over 6 feet from one another, in their own designated “Pod” on stage during the performance.
- Actors and crew remain at a distance of at least 6 feet apart from one another during the entire rehearsal process and performance, and are masked when not speaking, and also backstage.
- The actors playing Macbeth and Lady Macbeth are married, and therefore will not be socially distanced from one another.
- A few of our production staff, who you will see located in our ‘booth’ during the show, all live together and will not be socially distanced from one another.
- Masks are mandatory. However, the following exceptions will apply:
- Any person younger than 10 years of age
- Due to a medical condition or disability
- While consuming food or drinks
- Please bring your own chairs and/or blankets to each performance you attend. The Classic Theatre of San Antonio will have masks and chairs available for purchase, should you need one.
If there are any questions about the policies and procedures, please feel free to reach us at (210) 468-3900. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you “in the rough!”