Attending an Outdoor Production? Everything You Need to Know!
So you’re attending a Theatre in the Rough production? Below you’ll find everything you need to know for attending our outdoor productions in Season 14!
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM:
Digital playbills will be available by QR code at the venue. No paper playbills will be distributed.
PLAN YOUR VISIT:
Join us Season 14, 2021-2022!
Performance dates/times pending, at the beautiful San Antonio Botanical Garden, the perfect place to physically distance, have drinks with friends, all while enjoying some Theatre in the Rough!
Seating for all performances at the garden will be ground seating. We strongly recommend bringing a blanket or a chair. If you do bring a chair, we ask that you sit towards the back of the audience area so as not to block the view of those sitting on the ground. Seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
Folding camping chairs and masks available for purchase if needed.
The Jason Dady restaurant, Jardin, will be open before the performance for dinner reservations. Drinks will be available for purchase before the show.
Other restaurants & cafes close to the Garden:
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE PERMITTED INSIDE THE VENUE.
SO, I’M ATTENDING AN OUTDOOR THEATRE IN THE ROUGH PERFORMANCE. WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Doors/House opens at 7:00pm, with a performance time of 7:30pm.
- Outside food and drinks are not permitted. Refillable water bottles are welcome.
- All audience spaces, referred to as “Pods,” will be clearly measured and marked out beforehand to allow a physical distancing of over 6 feet between each seating area.
- Each production will perform at the San Antonio Botanical Garden.
- Show dates and times pending.
- The venue holds over 500 people, but we are going to be limiting the capacity per show to 100 people.
- Please bring your own chairs and/or blankets to each performance you attend. Be sure to dress for the weather and prepare accordingly beforehand. The Classic Theatre of San Antonio will have masks and chairs available for purchase, should you need one.
- A NOTE ON INCLEMENT WEATHER:
The Show Must Go On!
Every theatre performance is unique, but this is especially the case while performing Theatre in the Rough, where the stage and audience area are uncovered. Shakespeare told us that “the rain, it raineth every day”. He was all too familiar with open-air theatre.
Our Theatre in the Rough productions will go on as planned. Weather is the biggest variable in planning any outdoor event. Decisions on whether to cancel for inclement weather usually are not made until curtain time. Performances will always proceed in the rain unless weather conditions become threatening to performers or the audience.
We recommend that you wear what makes you feel comfortable for the outdoor, show going experience. With a rainy weather forecast, you might need to bring some rain gear. Umbrellas and other items that might block someone’s view are prohibited, so grab your poncho or rain slicker instead!
If there are any questions about the policies and procedures, please feel free to reach us at (210) 468-3900. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you for our season 14 of Theatre in the Rough!