Apply for an Internship!
2021 Bexar County Arts Internship Program
The Classic Theatre of San Antonio is accepting applications now through April 26, 2021 for our Arts Administrative Internship, funded by the 2021 Bexar County Arts Internship Program, facilitated by GenerationNEXT of The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, for San Antonio college students interested in a career in Theatre Arts. The selected intern will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the Executive & Artistic Director, Education Director, Operations Manager, Office Administrator, and Board committee members in preparation of, during, and after events.
This is a paid position. Eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Ongoing Goals of The Classic Theatre:
- To continue in sustaining professional theatre in San Antonio.
- To create jobs for local actors, designers, directors, and technicians at professional rates.
- To continue to build audiences by delivering excellent, engaging theatre.
- To continue to cultivate relationships with all sponsors, donors, board members, educators, and volunteers.
- To create a permanent space for The Classic Theatre of San Antonio.
- To be a part of the growth of San Antonio as a city on the rise!
- Complete our online application below!
- Please be aware that you will need to upload a cover letter, resume, and recent writing sample (can be a class assignment or sample lesson plan) along with your application.
- Must be attending a college or university during the 2021-2022 academic year and able to work a flexible 40-hour week from June 7-August 13, 2021. (Evening and weekend hours may be included)
- Must possess strong work ethic, flexibility, positive attitude, and a desire to acquire new skills
- Must be able to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate
- MUST possess strong writing and interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workplace. Experience working with children is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation and a cell phone
- Must have reliable high speed internet access